The first-ever Beer Now conference wrapped up on March 19th in Sheffield and was deemed a success by attendees, speakers, sponsors, and organizers alike.
Based on our understanding, this was the first beer industry conference focused on marketing, tourism, and communications anywhere in the world. (Beer Now preceded our own brand-new Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference in Asheville, North Carolina by two weeks.)
In our post-conference survey:
- 100% of our speakers rated the conference Very Good or Outstanding
- 100% of our sponsors would recommend Beer Now to other brands in the beer industry
- 87% of attendees rated the conference Good, Very Good, or Outstanding
Having said that, this first conference faced some difficulties and we will be sure to address these for 2018:
- Our attempt to create one program of content that would appeal to beer industry and bloggers/media did not work. We are discussing solutions to this but, at minimum, we will have separate content tracks in 2018.
- The facilities were too small and the timing (part weekend and part weekday) was not convenient.
- Content and speakers were of variable quality. This is almost always the case with conferences but, in this case, the varied audience made it hard for speakers to deliver relevant content.
Thank you to our sponsors, speakers, and attendees for supporting Beer Now in its first year. Thank you especially to the Society of Independent Brewers for their support with the venue.