We are currently offering one optional pre-conference excursion. A post-conference excursion may be announced in the future. Pre-conference and post-conference excursions cost $25 for transport, beer, and one meal – obviously an incredible deal.
- All 2020 pre-conference and post-conference excursions are open only to citizen bloggers, published writers, press, and their family members or significant others who are also registered for the conference. Please contact us if you have questions about this.
- If you must cancel your spot, you can transfer your registration to another qualified person simply by notifying us or you can roll it over to 2021 if you notify us no later than July 22, 2020. Your fees are not refundable but this way you also don’t lose your investment. We do not have registrations for only part of the conference and you cannot share your registration with someone else.
Pre-Conference Excursion ($25/person)
San Marcos Brews and Tubes #SMTXperience
Wednesday – Thursday
- Max capacity: 50
- Pickup: Wednesday, August 5, 1:00 PM at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
- Drop Off: Thursday, August 6 at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
- Host Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn San Marcos
- Group rate: $129, breakfast included
- Call (512) 878-4411 and use code: BBG or book here
- Wednesday, August 5
- 1:00 PM: Pick up at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
- 1:45 PM: Check into Hilton Garden Inn San Marcos
- 2:30 PM: Arrive at Roughhouse Brewing
- 4:00 PM: Arrive at Middleton Brewing
- 6:00 PM: Arrive at Hops & Grain
- Dinner provided by Industry
- 8:00 – 10:00 PM: Free time around the square to visit AquaBrew, Sean Patrick’s and/or Root Cellar Café – all Brew Pubs.
- 8:00, 9:00 or 10:00 PM: Bus to hotel or Uber back on your own
- Thursday, August 6
- Breakfast at hotel, check out of hotel
- 10:00 AM: Leave hotel for river time *Must be dressed for river, there are no changing rooms*
- 10:30 AM: Float time
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at Ivar’s River Pub
- 1:30 PM: Depart for InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
- Wednesday, August 5
- Things to bring for Float Time: swimsuits, sunscreen, any kind of sun protectant like a hat or shirts, swim shoes or some kind of sandal that straps to your feet – this makes it easier to get in and out of the water. Do not bring: anything you don’t mind losing. The San Marcos River maintains 72 degrees year-round. It is spring-fed and the water is clear so you can see vegetation and wildlife beneath you. The float is usually around 45 minutes to an hour.