Pre-Conference and Post-Conference Excursions are a critical aspect of Beer Now. We are working on organizing these excursions already and hope to provide information here soon. In the meantime, please see below for information on 2018 excursions.
We are offering two optional pre-conference excursions and one post-conference excursion. Pre-conference and post-conference excursions cost $25 ($15 for one day excursions) for transport, beer, and one meal – obviously an incredible deal.
- All 2018 pre-conference and post-conference excursions are open only to citizen bloggers, published writers, press, and their family members or significant others who are also registered for the conference. Please contact us if you have questions about this.
- If you must cancel your spot, your conference registration fee and excursion fee are 50% refundable through July 10, 2018 and not refundable after that.
- It is possible to sign up for all three excursions. The two pre-conference excursions are back-to-back rather than at the same time.
Pre-Conference Excursions ($25/person)
SOLD OUT!! Guinness Open Gate Brewery & Barrel House in Relay, MD
Tuesday – Wednesday
- Max capacity: 50
- Pickup: Tuesday, Aug. 7 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling – Dulles Airport
- Drop Off: Wednesday, Aug. 8 in Baltimore (Dogfish Head Brewery excursion participants) or at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling – Dulles Airport
- Host Hotel: Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore – Group rate: $139; click here or call 888.752.2636 and reference L1H (group code) to book your room by July 7
- Tuesday, August 7
- 3:00 PM: Pickup at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling – Dulles Airport and transport to Guinness Open Gate Brewery and Barrel House (OGB&BH)
- 4:30 PM: Arrive at OGB&BH
- 4:30 – 6:00 PM: VIP tour of OGB&BH
- 6:00 – 8:00 PM: VIP Guinness pairing dinner, hosted by Guinness Brewery Ambassador and Baltimore native Ryan Wagner
- 8:00 PM: Transport to Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore
- Wednesday, August 8
- Breakfast on own, check out of hotel
- 10:00 AM: Transport to OGB&BH
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Discuss and sample new Guinness beer innovations at OGB&BH with a Guinness brewer
- 12:00 – 1:30 PM: Inspired lunch at OGB&BH
- 1:30 – 3:00 PM: Free time to explore OGB&BH
- 3:00 PM: Transport to DoubleTree in Sterling or wait to be picked up by Dogfish Head at 3:15 PM
- Tuesday, August 7
SOLD OUT!! Dogfish Head Brewery in Delaware
Wednesday – Thursday
- Max capacity: 40
- Pickup: Wednesday, Aug. 8 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling – Dulles Airport or Baltimore (Guinness excursion participants)
- Drop Off: Thursday, Aug. 9 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling – Dulles Airport for the 2018 Beer Bloggers Conference
- Host Hotel: Dogfish INN, All activities will happen at this hotel; Group Rate: $209…only 16 rooms (both Double Queen & King available)! Once it’s full, it’s full, so don’t dilly or dally! To book: Call 302-644-8292 and let them know you’re with the Beer Bloggers Conference. Reserve by Feb. 20.
- Overflow Hotel: Beacon Motel, 2 Queen Beds, Group Rate: $194.40, To book: Call 302-645-4888 or book online. Reserve by Feb. 20. The promo code is DFH. When booking online, enter the code in the beginning stages of the reservation process where it says Promo Code or add it in the message section.
- Wednesday, August 8
- 2:00 PM: Transport from DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling – Dulles Airport to Lewes, DE
- 3:15 PM: Pickup Guinness excursion attendees at Guinness Brewery
- 6:30 PM: Arrive Dogfish Head Brewery in Milton, DE, Grain to Glass Tour with tastings and dinner under tent @ Brewery
- 8:30 PM: Fireside Chat with DFH Founder, Sam Calagione @ Brewery
- 10:00 PM: Check in to Dogfish INN or overflow hotel
- Thursday, August 9
- Breakfast on own
- Check out of hotels
- 10:30 AM: Lunch at Dogfish Head Brewpub in Rehoboth Beach, DE
- 1:00 PM: Transport to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling – Dulles Airport
- Wednesday, August 8
- Max capacity: 25
- Cost: $15
- Transportation: The brewery is 3 minutes and a $12 RT Uber ride from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling – Dulles Airport. Plan to arrive at the brewery (22455 Davis Dr., Suite 120, Sterling, VA 20164) at 11:00 AM.
Post-Conference Excursion ($25/person)
SOLD OUT!! Capital Craft Excursion with Visit Richmond
In October of 2017, Imbibe featured Richmond, Virginia as one of “America’s Best Under-the-Radar Beer Destinations.” That same month Men’s Journal asked about Richmond, “Is This America’s Next Great Beer Town?” Visit Richmond’s answer toMen’s Journal is a resounding YES. Join us in Virginia’s capital for a taste of the Richmond Beer Trail which boasts more than 30 craft breweries. Experience Richmond’s various styles and flavors, and meet the faces behind the pints of some of the country’s best beers. We’ll have a blast eating, meeting, drinking and pairing our way through town with a stop along the way at Mekong, voted #1 Beer Bar in CraftBeer.com’s Great American Beer Bars contest.
- Max capacity: 5 seats left!
- Pickup: Sunday, Aug. 12 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling – Dulles Airport
- Drop Off: Sunday, Aug. 12 at host hotel in Richmond, VA; airport transfers on Monday are NOT provided
- Host Hotel: Omni Richmond Hotel; Group rate: $99/night; click here to book by July 20
- 9:30 AM: Depart from DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling – Dulles Airport
- 12:00 PM: arrival/check in at Omni Richmond Hotel in Richmond’s historic Shockoe Slip neighborhood
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at Triple Crossing Brewing
- 2:30 PM: Tour Stone Brewing
- 3:30 PM: Tasting tour through Richmond’s booming Scott’s Addition neighborhood, home to many breweries including Ardent Craft Ales, Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, Isley Brewing Company, The Veil Brewing Company, and Vasen Brewing Company
- Evening: Taste and reception at Mekong, voted America’s #1 Craft Beer Bar, followed by dinner at The Answer Brewpub.
More Things to Note
- If you will be driving to the conference and attending a pre-con excursion, plan to drive to the host hotel in Sterling and leave your car there. If you are attending the post-con excursion, drive to Richmond and join the excursion there.
- If you are flying to the conference, you should fly into either Dulles (IAD) and utilize the pre-conference excursion transport or Baltimore (BWI) and take a 5-minute Uber or Lyft to the Guinness Brewery and then utilize the bus transportation. If attending the post-conference excursion, fly out of Richmond (RIC).