Beer Now serves two needs: 1) It provides hard information about the important and growing functions of beer marketing, tourism, and communications that you can use, whether you are a brewery, writer, or other part of the beer industry. 2) It provides a forum for meeting your fellow leaders in the beer industry who are engaged with the marketing of and communication about beer.
Make sure to check out our exciting Agenda and outstanding Speakers, including the president and CEO of the US-based Brewers Association. Furthermore, as a small and intimate conference, we are able to include dinner at Thornbridge Brewery, Live Beer Blogging, and several additional beer-tasting events.
Three Content Areas
Tap Room Management, Events, and Beer Tourism (Friday): The thousands of new breweries established within the last decade have thrived for one main reason: tap room sales. Selling beer from a tap room is more profitable and establishes a stronger connection with the consumer than selling via retail outlets.
This is why tap room management is central to a brewery’s mission, why beer events are so important in marketing, and why “beer tourism” is becoming the next big thing. Brewery visitation can make or break a new brewery but it can also provide an economic influx to a region, putting heads in beads and bums in seats. Some regions (think Belgium or Asheville, North Carolina) have come to be defined for their beer tourism opportunities.
The tap room management, events, and beer tourism content at Beer Now will appeal to breweries, brewery guilds, tourism associations, tour operators, and beer writers interested to learn more about driving consumers to your region or business and providing exceptional customer service when they do visit.
Marketing & Communications (Saturday): Marketing in the beer industry is not easy. The influx of new breweries means that competition for tap room visitors and shelf space at retail outlets is becoming intense. Additionally, marketing as we knew it ten years ago has changed; the world is now digital and consumers want real information, right now rather than a traditional promotional piece or advertisement.
Marketing in the modern day is no longer about advertising but now more typically focuses on website design, search engine optimization, email marketing, social media, online advertising, and more.
Blogging & Writing (Sunday): Beer bloggers, beer writers, and brewery PR pros are constantly writing about beer. For six years, we at Zephyr Conferences operated the European Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference and Beer Now is the evolution of that annual gathering of beer media.
The communication about beer (and just about everything else) has changed dramatically and continues to change every year. Topics to be addressed include how to more eloquently describe beers, how bloggers can parlay their skills into other jobs, and a personal story of one bloggers move to brewing.
Who Should Attend
- Bloggers and writers who write about beer and tourism
- Brewery marketing, communications, tap room, and events managers
- Brewery Associations who are moving beyond legislative affairs to focus on marketing their region as a beer tourism destination
- Tourism Promotion Organizations who are interested to learn how beer can be a driver of consumer visitation
- Tour operators, travel agencies, transportation companies, and event planners who provide beer tourism offerings to the public
- Hotels and restaurants that wish to work with their local breweries
- Public relations professionals and other consultants to the beer and tourism industries
- Academics and students from university beer business programs
What Will You Receive?
- An overview of the current state of beer marketing, tourism, and communications from our keynote speakers and industry panels
- Specific, useful information you can use in subjects such as beer writing, social media, digital marketing, tap room management, brewery events, and more from our presentations
- Networking opportunities during sessions, meals, and events
- Access to the BeerX Expo, Awards Presentation, and Festival included in the conference price
- Beer, Dinner, Brewery Tour and Live Music hosted by Thornbridge Brewery
- Opportunity to Taste Beers at Live Beer Blogging, the Beer Now Reception, and optional Thursday evening pub crawl and Sunday afternoon excursion to Manchester
Join us March 17 – 19, 2017 for the first-ever Beer Now Conference in Sheffield, United Kingdom.