About the Beer Now Conference
The Beer Now Conference started in 2010 in Boulder, Colorado as the Beer Bloggers Conference. The conference subsequently broadened its scope and changed its name to the Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference. In 2018, the conference again expanded its scope to include others involved in the communication of beer and renamed to the Beer Now Conference.
The conference attracts approximately 150 attendees from throughout North America and beyond to network, learn, and taste beers. For a glimpse into the conference, see this video from the first-ever conference.
Host Location: Great Falls, Montana
Montana is well known for outdoor adventures such as hiking, mountain biking, fly fishing, and river rafting but it is also hotbed of beer, with the second highest density of brewers in the United States. Great Falls is located on the Missouri River and is the most centrally-located major city in Montana. It is very invested in beer and hosts a number of statewide beer events each year. The city is throwing out the welcome wagon with two great beer dinners and lots of local brews for our attendees. Thank you to Visit Great Falls Montana for organizing this welcome to beer writers and influencers everywhere.
We will be creating pre-conference and post-conference excursions to nearby areas, allowing you to see more of this great state and experience a bit of the adventure which makes Montana so appealing.
About Bloggers, Writers, and Influencers
We changed our name to Beer Now because the term “beer blogger” simply doesn’t approach the breadth of involvement of our attendees. Here is a primer on our audience:
- Beer Bloggers simply use one medium, the blog, to express their opinions. Blogs are an amazing tool that allow anyone to express their views in long-form, including photos and videos, with zero barrier to entry. Don’t discount the powerful of these citizen journalists.
- Professional Beer Writers are different in that they get paid to write. They often have greater immediate visibility and instant credibility.
- Social Media Influencers are those who write, photograph, and video about beer and the beer industry. The time to post is often minimal but the reader attention span is also much shorter.
- Beer Apps are another medium that allow everyday beer drinkers to engage with each other and post their views.
Almost all our audience engages in at least three if not all four of these communication media.
Who Should Attend
- Citizen Beer Bloggers
- Professional Beer Writers
- Social Media Influencers who write, podcast, photograph, and video about beer or the beer industry
- Beer industry members who themselves blog or otherwise communicate related to their brewery or other beer industry business
- Those who would like to learn about digital media or interact with the key beer industry influencers in attendance
Cost, Payment, Cancellation, and What is Included
The cost of the conference depends on when you register and whether you qualify as a Citizen Blogger, Published Beer Writer, or Social Media Influencer. See the Registration Page for details. The conference includes multiple beer tastings, two dinners, possibly one or two lunches (pending sponsorship), and outstanding content. Not included in the conference price are your hotel, transportation to and from Montana, personal expenses, and pre-conference and post-conference excursions.
Our hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn in Great Falls. We have reserved a room block with a rate of $135 (good until May 5, 2019). We will post the booking code here soon and and alert those already registered.
Transportation: Arrival and Departure
Please wait to book your transportation until we post information about the pre-conference and post-conference excursions, as these will affect your travel plans.
The Beer Now Conference started in 2010 in Boulder, CO. See below for a list of previous locations and agendas for our most recent events.
- 2018 Loudoun County, VA: Agenda
- 2017 Milwaukee, WI: Agenda
- 2016 Tampa, FL: Agenda
- 2015 Asheville, NC: Agenda
- 2014 San Diego, CA
- 2013 Boston, MA
- 2012 Indianapolis, IN
- 2011 Portland, OR
- 2010 Boulder, CO
If you are in the beer industry and in need of marketing services, consider our sister company Zephyr Strategy. An initial analysis of your digital marketing is only $500.
The Beer Now Conference is organized by Zephyr Conferences, the organizer of the:
- Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference
- Wine Media Conference
- International Food Blogger Conference
- Wine Marketing & Tourism Conference
For information about our conferences, please email email@example.com. For media inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in a region interested to host one of our conferences, please complete a Host Application.
Zephyr Conferences is part of Zephyr Adventures, which has been running active tours around the world for the last 20+ years. Please visit our website for information on our active food, wine, and beer tours., including a Yellowstone and Grand Teton Multisport Beer Tour and our Belgium Hike, Bike, and Beer Adventure.
In addition to Zephyr’s active tours, its sister company Taste Vacations runs beer, wine, food, and spirits tours around the world which leave the physical activity at home. We welcome you as a partner and invite you to join the Taste Vacations Affiliate Program to earn commissions of $300 and more per referral.