About the Beer Now Conference
The Beer Now Conference started in 2010 in Boulder, Colorado as the Beer Bloggers Conference. The conference subsequently broadened its scope and changed its name to the Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference. In 2018, the conference again expanded its scope to include others involved in the communication of beer and renamed to the Beer Now Conference.
The conference attracts approximately 150 attendees from throughout North America and beyond to network, learn, and taste beers. For a glimpse into the conference, see this video from the first-ever conference.
Host Location: Austin, Texas
With more craft breweries in Austin than any other city in Texas, it is the perfect city to host the 2020 Beer Now Conference! At the end of 2018, 37 of the 275 craft breweries in Texas are located in Austin and we’re excited to showcase some of those breweries during the 2020 Beer Now Conference, August 6-8, 2020!
About Bloggers, Writers, and Influencers
We changed our name to Beer Now because the term “beer blogger” simply doesn’t approach the breadth of involvement of our attendees. Here is a primer on our audience:
- Beer Bloggers simply use one medium, the blog, to express their opinions. Blogs are an amazing tool that allow anyone to express their views in long-form, including photos and videos, with zero barrier to entry. Don’t discount the powerful of these citizen journalists.
- Professional Beer Writers are different in that they get paid to write. They often have greater immediate visibility and instant credibility.
- Social Media Influencers are those who write, photograph, and video about beer and the beer industry. The time to post is often minimal but the reader attention span is also much shorter.
- Beer Apps are another medium that allow everyday beer drinkers to engage with each other and post their views.
Almost all our audience engages in at least three if not all four of these communication media.
Who Should Attend
- Citizen Beer Bloggers
- Professional Beer Writers
- Social Media Influencers who write, podcast, photograph, and video about beer or the beer industry
- Beer industry members who themselves blog or otherwise communicate related to their brewery or other beer industry business
- Those who would like to learn about digital media or interact with the key beer industry influencers in attendance
Cost, Payment, Cancellation, and What is Included
The cost of the conference depends on when you register and whether you qualify as a Citizen Blogger, Published Beer Writer, or Social Media Influencer. See the Registration Page for details. The conference includes multiple beer tastings, two dinners, possibly one or two lunches (pending sponsorship), and outstanding content. Not included in the conference price are your hotel, transportation to and from Texas, personal expenses, and pre-conference and post-conference excursions.
Our hotel is the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin (701 Congress Ave.). All Conference sessions will take place at this hotel. We have reserved a room block with a rate of $139 (good until July 16, 2020). Book your hotel room here. Experience the best of the city when you stay right in the heart of the action. The iconic hotel has been a staple of the Austin skyline for almost a century. The hotel is 17 minutes from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) and walking distance to everything downtown. There are three restaurants also on-site.
Transportation: Arrival and Departure
The best airport to fly in and out of is the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS). Please wait to book your transportation until we post information about the pre-conference and post-conference excursions, as these will affect your travel plans.
The Beer Now Conference started in 2010 in Boulder, CO. See below for a list of previous locations and agendas for our most recent events.
- 2019 Great Falls, MT: Agenda | Sponsors
- 2018 Loudoun County, VA: Agenda | Sponsors
- 2017 Milwaukee, WI: Agenda | Sponsors
- 2016 Tampa, FL: Agenda
- 2015 Asheville, NC: Agenda
- 2014 San Diego, CA
- 2013 Boston, MA
- 2012 Indianapolis, IN
- 2011 Portland, OR
- 2010 Boulder, CO
If you are in the beer industry and in need of marketing services, consider our sister company Zephyr Strategy. An initial analysis of your digital marketing is only $500.
The Beer Now Conference is organized by Zephyr Conferences, the organizer of the:
- Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference
- Wine Media Conference
- International Food Blogger Conference
- Wine Marketing & Tourism Conference
For information about our conferences, please email email@example.com. For media inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in a region interested to host one of our conferences, please complete a Host Application.
Zephyr Conferences is part of Zephyr Adventures, which has been running active tours around the world for the last 20+ years. Please visit our website for information on our active food, wine, and beer tours., including a Yellowstone and Grand Teton Multisport Beer Tour and our Belgium Hike, Bike, and Beer Adventure.
In addition to Zephyr’s active tours, its sister company Taste Vacations runs beer, wine, food, and spirits tours around the world which leave the physical activity at home. We welcome you as a partner and invite you to join the Taste Vacations Affiliate Program to earn commissions of $300 and more per referral.