#BBC13 is this weekend! Who’s getting excited??
A staple event of the Beer Bloggers Conference is Live Beer Blogging. This year we’ll be boarding busses and heading to Burke Distributing/Massachusetts Beverage Alliance which will be hosting the event. All breweries are regional, so LBB will be an excellent way to quickly familiarize yourself with local New England beer!
If you haven’t participated in Live Beer Blogging before, here’s a re-cap of what to expect:
- Bloggers all spread out and sit among 14 tables in the room and stay in their same seat throughout the hour.
- A brewery then has 5 timed minutes per table and goes to 10 different tables throughout the hour. They pour their one beer to the bloggers at each table, and shares insights into the beer, brewery, history, or whatever they want to communicate in that short period of time.
- Bloggers then live blog their experience on each beer. Some bloggers may publish an individual post on each beer/brewery, some may write one post that summarizes each beer, and some bloggers live-tweet and/or live-instagram their notes and observations.
It’s fun, it’s whacky, and it’s fast.
Here are the breweries who will be pouring this during Live Beer Blogging in Boston:
- Baxter Brewing Co. – Lewiston, ME @baxterbrewing, @baxterluke
- Rising Tide Brewing Co. – Portland, ME @risingtide_hbs
- Newburyport Brewing Co. – Newburyport, MA @nbptbrewing
- Notch Brewing Co. – Ipswich, MA @notchbrewing
- Backlash Beer Co. – Boston, MA @backlashbeer
- Somerville Brewing Company (AKA – Slumbrew) – Somerville, MA @slumbrew
- Thomas Hooker Brewing Co. – Bloomfield, CT @hookerbeer
- Fatty Bampkins Cider – South Casco, ME
- Night Shift Brewing Co. – Everett, MA @nightshiftbeer
- Grey Sail Brewing – Westerly, RI @greysail
- Foolproof Brewing Co. – Pawtucket, RI @foolproofbrew
- Idle Hands Brewing Co. – Everett, MA @idlehandsbeer
- Shipyard Brewing Co – Portland, ME @ShipyardBrewing
- Otter Creek Brewing Co. – Middlebury, VT @ottercreekbrew
Many experienced bloggers to Live Beer Blogging have their own technique and ways to organize themselves for the hour. Do you have any tips and/or unique ways of preparing for LBB that you’d like to share with some who may be new to the event? If so, please share in the comments below.