Austin is not just a beer city. They are also known for their delicious farm-to-table fresh food and unique culture. If you are looking for restaurants to try before, during after the conference, try checking out the following:
- Home2 Suites | Austin North/Near The Domain (0-minute walk): Staying at our host hotel? They offer free breakfast! Check-in with the hotel for more information.
- Coffee + Crisp Cafe (15-minute walk): Serving gourmet coffee & chef inspired breakfast, lunch and dinner options that are locally
grown and sourced. You can grab yourself a drip coffee, chai latte, breakfast sandwich, breakfast taco and more! On Saturday and Sunday they offer an extended brunch menu. More info here.
- Humpty’s Wall of Breakfast (8-minute drive): I mean it says it all in the name! Build your own breakfast sandwich, wrap or scramBOWL. On Yelp, S.S. reviewed “Ever had a Grit Stick? Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside-yummy! The Cajun sauce dip was delicious – a well blended remoulade sauce. The Ranch to Market wrap was large and had;scrambled eggs, bacon, balsamic-glazed red onions, black beans, and ranch dressing in a lightly grilled flour tortilla which really made a flavorful difference. You can also order what you want with a “Build Your Own Sandwich, Wrap, or Bowl” Tasty gluten- free options and products. Something for everyone! #gluten-free, #healthychoice” More info here.
- Punch Bowl Social Austin (11-minute walk): Punch Bowl Social Austin has pulled off the perfect hat trick- as an epic restaurant, bar and gaming destination with a dirty modern, sophisticated hill country vibe. This mothership of awesome has everything you need for XXL size funning, including; craft cocktails, award-winning food and gaming that includes: life-size scrabble, bowling, karaoke, and classic video games. With this much happening under one roof- this is one party that definitely has more cowbell. More info here.
- Velvet Taco (11-minute walk): Velvet Taco is an eclectic journey where Taco Greatness meets world inspiration. They will challenge convention and make your taste buds reconsider what “should” come on a tortilla. Velvet Taco is a little loud, slightly off, and they LOVE tacos! More info here.
- The Water Trough (15-minute walk): Southwestern cooking in a sophisticated barn conversion with regular live music. More info here.
- Mia Italian Tapas & Bar (10-minute walk): A stylish hangout featuring pizzas, pastas & Italian small plates plus wine, beer & cocktails. More info here.
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams (12-minute walk): Their ice creams have a uniquely smooth texture and buttercream body, with bright flavor and clean finish (we don’t use synthetic flavorings, dyes, or off-the-shelf mixes). You may notice the absence of a long list of stabilizers and emulsifiers on the label; they prefer the more complex process of building texture and flavor without them. Jeni’s flavors stand alone straight from the pint or melt perfectly into a fruit pie, birthday cake, crumble, crisp, or cookie—the perfect accessory for your dessert. More info here.
- The Yard Milkshake Bar of Austin (13-minute walk): The Yard Milkshake Bar, of course, specializes in Milkshakes! But we also have amazing flavors of ice cream available in bowls and cones, specialty sundaes, floats, and specialty cones. The Yard also has 9 flavors of edible cookie dough. This is a one stop shop for some amazing desserts. More info here.
- Turnstile Coffee Beer and Spirits (5-minute drive): Turnstile is locally owned, offering coffee and coffee related drinks in the morning, transitioning to a craft beer and cocktail lounge in the evenings. They serve high quality, fair trade coffee, roasted locally in a variety of menu options. The draft beer selection is limited and highly curated while the packaged beer options is more expansive to cover a wide range of tastes and options. Select cocktails are available featuring only the highest quality ingredients. More info here.
- W XYZ Bar (5-minute drive): Listen to this yelp review from Heather B. “There are plenty of bars in The Domain, so why go to a hotel for drinks? In this case, because it’s the WXYZ Lounge the The Aloft Hotel where you will find superior cocktails from a master bartender. You will meet Mike, who has been behind the counter for 8 years (and has created many of the drinks on the menu!). He will identify what you are looking for, can educate you about your drink, the spirits, and his process. On top of that, he has a great personality! This lounge is quite small (it *is* in a hotel lobby) but there are comfortable chairs, couches, and tables for you. And most appreciated, it is fairly quiet. You can have actual conversation. It’s a wonderful way to close out your evening. Superior cocktails in a comfortable setting.” More info here.
- Night Owl (9-minute drive): A small neighborhood bar with great beer and cocktails. This is the type of place that makes you feel welcome every time. More info here.
- Punch Bowl Social – Austin (11-minute walk): Punch Bowl Social Austin has pulled off the perfect hat trick- as an epic restaurant, bar and gaming destination with a dirty modern, sophisticated hill country vibe. This mothership of awesome has everything you need for XXL size funning, including; craft cocktails, award-winning food and gaming that includes: life-size scrabble, bowling, virtual reality, karaoke, classic video games and a sweet new 9-hole Putt Club. With this much happening under one roof- this is one party that definitely has more cowbell. More info here.