A Note from BBC15 Partner (a multi-year conference partner!), Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Greeings, #BBC15. We’re pumped to be joining you all once again, this time in Asheville. We’re sending a few off-centered ales and our storyteller, Justin Williams. You might have met him in Boston or San Diego. Or not. Either way, say hi. Here’s a quick Q&A to get the ball rolling.
OK, first things first … what beers is Dogfish bringing?
Good question. We’re bringing bottles of our Grateful Dead collab American Beauty, our summer seasonal berlinerweisse Festina Peche and our wood-aged brown ale Palo Santo Marron. We’ll try to stuff a few more goodies into our luggage, as well!
Are you bringing any 120 Minute IPA?
Negative. 120 Minute IPA isn’t legal in North Carolina, so that’s a no-no.
What are you most excited about at #BBC15?
First and foremost, I’m pumped to be heading back to Asheville. It’s not only a great beer city, it’s a great all-around city. I’m super-excited to:
- Hit the Asheville Pinball Museum … $12 all you can play! If only they served beer.
- Check out the Oskar Blues and Sierra Nevada breweries. I was lucky enough to tour Sierra last fall. It’s world-class, and I can’t wait to see their recently opened Back Porch bar and garden.
- Indulge in the Night of Many Bottles. Seriously, don’t miss this.
- Learn from craft pioneer Kim Jordan and get a peek at NBB AVL.
- Get schooled by J.J. Taylor, Tryon and Maletis at the “Building Craft Beer Brands” session. Pay attention. These guys have a lot of knowledge.
- Drop by Wicked Weed’s Funkatorium.
- Grab a saison and a wood-fired pizza from All Souls on Clingman Avenue. Top-notch pizza and small but carefully curated craft selection.
- Hanging with my friends Chip Walton from Summit Brewing, Ryan Arnold from Sierra Nevada, Sara Bozich from SaraBozich.com, Lindsay Berk from Uinta and many, many more.
“Do breweries give a shit what bloggers write?”
That was the exact question a beer blogger (I believe it was Jacob from Hipster Brewfus …) asked at the Boston conference two years ago. The answer is yes. Smart breweries are listening to thoughtful bloggers. But really, you’re not blogging for breweries, are you? Write for your audience, and if that audience grows big enough, we’ll be listening even harder! 😉
Where do you think #BBC16 should be?
Maui … or Madison, Wis.