The Beer Now Conference is heading to Austin, Texas, from August 7-8th. Other than being the #2 most requested conference location by beer bloggers, here are 7 reasons why Austin is the perfect Beer Now location.
- The epic beer scene, duh. At the end of 2018, 37 of the 275 craft breweries in Texas were located in Austin. With more craft breweries in Austin than any other city in Texas combined with the rest of our list makes Austin a top must travel destination for 2020.
- The queso. We all know Texas has excellent BBQ, and Austin is no different, but have you heard about their queso? Check out this list of top 12 places to go for queso in Austin. The list includes Torchy’s Tacos, who features homemade green chili queso and Chuy’s who opened in 1982 and has a free happy hour “nacho bar.”
- The iconic music scene. As soon as you step off the plane, you will be hit with the music vibe of Austin. The city has over 250 live music venues, which range in genres from jazz to folk and bluegrass to indie. Some popular sites include The Broken Spoke, the Continental Club, the Elephant Room, and the White Horse. You can check out more venues here.
- The nightlife. Speaking of beer, food, and music… each district is packed with live music, bars, brewpubs, and awesome late-night food joints. One of the most popular is the Sixth Street District, which just so happens to be a 5 min walk from our host hotel, the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin. If you’re not too tired after a long, fun, beer-filled conference day, we highly recommended checking out the nightlife.
- The arts. Austin is home to many artists, art museums, galleries, and theaters. “The Paramount Theater downtown hosts live music, film premieres, comedy shows, and classic movies in the summer. SXSW showcases rising music talent from across the country.” –Culture Trip
- The crazy, fun people. One of the many reasons we love Austin so much is because of the crazy, fun, friendly, creative, generous people. Austinites sure have that southern hospitality. Austin is a hub for technology enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, foodies, art buffs, writers, photographers, and much more. Since announcing our 2020 location, we have had huge support from the local community; you can check out our sponsors and partners for next year here!
- The weather. While most states experience four different seasons, Austin is lucky enough to have sun year-round. With winter months having highs in the 60s-70s, you can enjoy the outdoors any time of the year. The Beer Now Conference will be held in August 2020 and is expected to have highs in the 80s and lows in the 70s, perfect beer-drinking weather. Check out our pre- and post-conference excursions here where we plan to take advantage of the awesome weather.
Are you as ready to go as we are? Register now to get the lowest possible price.