For the IFBC21 Social Media Virtual Summit on January 15, 2021, we had a motivating session with live expert Kathy Hester from Plant Based Instant Pot. Join us to talk about how you and your business can stand out amongst all the competition. This is a summary of her talk. You can view the full video session by registering now.
1. Benefits of live video
- You can be authentic and casual
- Better engage with your audience
- You’re able to address questions right away
- The ability to tell longer stories
- Create and connect with your community
- You do it, you’re done. Don’t need to spend time editing
- Can repurpose live video
Think Julia Child, she dropped stuff and made messes. She was human and peopled loved her!
2. Ideas for going live (9 ideas!)
- Checking in (ask your audience for questions and thoughts)
- Show and tell (show off some of your favorite gadgets or products)
- Cooking class or beer tasting
- Bottle spotlight (choose one beer and talk about it, recipes, how to prepare, how to store, etc.)
- Cocktails (or Mocktails)
- My favorite…. (beer, brewery, glass, pairing, etc)
- Compare different things
- Tell a story
There is no right or wrong way. Experiment with what works for you. Be okay with not being perfect. No one is! “What’s better than being perfect? Being Personable.”
- Look directly at the camera, not at the screen
- Don’t look at the number of viewers
- Be flexible
- Think about viewers as friends
- No need to practice a run-through beforehand
- Know why you’re different and unique
- Test light and sound
- Have a rough script of things you want to cover
- Prep ingredients
4. Next Steps
Go Live!! Then repost and tag @kathyhestercooks and @zephyr_beer so we can see and support.
Register now to get more information and listen to the full video session from Kathy Hester! To view all sessions from the January 15, 2021, Social Media Virtual Summit check out our Agenda Page. See you at our next live event!