Think your city has what it takes to be the 2014 Beer Bloggers Conference destination? We want to hear from you!
Our search for BBC14 is on, and the first stop is checking in with you, our trusted blogging community, for your recommendations.
We’ve received some pretty neat ideas for hosting in Denver and Atlanta, but we’re not booked yet. So if you want a say, now’s your chance.
Here are a few things we’re looking for in the BBC14 host destination. Essentially, our BBC14 location should:
- Appreciate what the BBC will bring to its local beer scene in terms of online exposure and added credibility
- Have a lot of breweries (obvious, but it had to be said)
- Be easy for people to get to
- Be a place people want to get to
- Have strong local support that can provide, at minimum, two dinners for an estimated 150 people
- Have a conference venue large enough for our group that is eager to host us
If you’d like to see us come to your area and if you think your city would be interested in pulling together a bid for the conference, please send me an email as soon as possible – firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call me anytime at 404-936-0692.
We are not just looking for site suggestions. We are looking for an ambassador and advocate for any area – someone who can spearhead the effort and get local organizations involved (with our help, of course). If this person is you, let me know and I’ll send you more information.
We will work with interested parties to create a few excellent bids, have a public vote among the blogging community of possible 2014 locations, and then announce the winner live at BBC13 in Boston.
Looking forward to hearing from you!