#EBBC13 is just over a week away, and the anticipation of what will surely be a weekend of intense beer exploration is reaching a high-note. Live Beer Blogging is one of the main events at each conference, and we have an exceptional line up of breweries ready to pour for everyone at 5:00pm on Saturday, 13 July.
If you haven’t participated in Live Beer Blogging before, here’s a re-cap of what to expect:
- Bloggers all spread out and sit among 9 tables in the room and stay in their same seat throughout the hour.
- A brewery then has 5 timed minutes per table and goes to 5 different tables throughout the hour. They pour their one beer to the bloggers at each table, and shares insights into the beer, brewery, history, or whatever they want to communicate in that short period of time.
- Bloggers then live blog their experience on each beer. Some bloggers may publish an individual post on each beer/brewery, some may write one post that summarizes each beer, and some bloggers live-tweet and/or live-instagram their notes and observations.
It’s fun, it’s whacky, and it’s fast.
Here are the breweries who will be pouring next week during Live Beer Blogging in Edinburgh:
- Shepherd Neame: @ShepherdNeame
- Harviestoun Brewery: @HarviestounBrew
- Inveralmond: @InveralmondBeer
- Birra Toccalmatto Srl: @Toccalmatto
- Innus and Gunn: @InnisandGunnUK
- Traquair House: @TraquairHouse
- WEST Brewery: @WestBeer
- Badger: @BadgerAles
- ILKLEY Brewery: @IlkleyBrewery
And if you’d like a little insight into what the atmosphere is like, here is a video produced by Canteloupe TV from last year’s Live Beer Blogging event in Indianapolis, Indiana.
I’m testing my typing speed now. Whilst beer tasting. Multi tasking even. Can’t wait for this. 😉