Speaker applications and content suggestions are now open for the 2016 Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference and will remain open until November 22nd. We are ready to hear from you to create an exceptional schedule and content sessions for next year. If you are an expert, have a story that needs to be told, and can impart some necessary wisdom upon our community, then we want to hear from you! (Please note: We are still working on the host location for EBBC so hang tight on content suggestions for Europe.)
You will be asked to select from among the following content categories:
- Blogging & Social Media: There are dozens of excellent potential topics involving blogging and social media. Keep in mind 2016 will be the seventh annual Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference so we have covered many topics. Topics that will be most successful are those at an advanced level or covering new ground.
- Business & Career: Many beer bloggers wish to launch from their blog to a part-time or full-time career in consulting, events, or even brewing.
- Beer Industry: These sessions will not include beer pouring and can include a wide range of topics, from current trends in brewing to best practices for interviewing brewers. All content should be of interest to beer bloggers and writers.
- Beer: Most sessions at the Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference that involve beer take place during meals, events, or sponsored sessions. If you are interested, please contact reno@ZephyrAdventures.com.
Please note this process does not include keynote speakers. Please contact us directly if you have suggestions about a keynote speaker.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT
Everyone is free to submit suggestions, whether you have attended the Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference before or not. You also need not want to present yourself as you can simply suggest a content idea.
- Open call for speakers: November 10 – 22. We will accept your proposals and suggestions until November 22, 2015.
- Session review: November 23 – 30, 2015. We will review all content submissions. We do not have enough room to include all submissions and so will make decisions on which are most applicable, combine similar sessions, and edit others as we deem appropriate.
- Alumni voting: First Half of December. We will ask BBC alumni to vote on submissions.
- Content & Speaker Announcements: Second Half of December. We will update the BBC16 agenda and contact speakers whose sessions will be included in the conference.
Submit Your Content now and please remember to Register for BBC16, July 8 – 10 in Tampa, Florida.
Gordon A. Ponce says
Dear Zephyr Adventures:
I would like to find out more about the “Business and Career” aspect of the conference. I look forward to your reply.
Gordon A. Ponce
CEO- Belgian Beer Journal
Gordon, the “business and career” aspect are sessions related to how a beer blogger might leverage his or her blog to do additional things. This could include writing a book, creating beer events, or even starting a brewery. At this point, we are just looking for content sessions, so the actual content is still to be determined.